Altan Technologies Inc. is hiring an MWD Software Engineer to support our product development programs. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this Engineer will develop software for Measurement While Drilling (MWD) products, systems and solutions. The MWD Software Engineer will work closely with other company staff, including electronics engineering team members, supporting them in their work.
We require a Software Engineer with capabilities in the following areas:
• C/C++ Programming for Texas Instruments Sitara™ AM437x Processors
• C Programming for Texas Instruments MSP430 Microcontrollers
• Microsoft Windows Application Development
• Embedded and Desktop Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 802.15.4/ZigBee Application Development
• Knowledge of Measurement While Drilling for the Oil and Gas market
Suitable candidates for our team must have demonstrated capability, as well as exceptional creativity and problem solving skills.
In this role, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities.
• Software development and test
• Analysis and documentation
• Configuration management
Candidates Altan Technologies requires are exceptional Software Engineers who have the following qualifications:
• A degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• Independent, responsible and honest
• Professional and meticulous
• Able to work independently as well as with a diverse team
• Possess excellent oral and written English communications skills
If your background matches these requirements, please be in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.
Altan is a Vancouver, Canada firm which provides technology-based services, products and systems to global customers in a broad range of vertical markets. Our world class software, electronics and mechanical engineering capability is complemented by our IoT (Internet of Things), embedded systems, wireless communication and patent protection expertise.
Please email your PDF covering letter, resume and references to: